Pardon my silence, as I've been working on my first book which looks like it might turn out to be a memoir. It' mostly about my life though now I've hit a road block by including a chapter or two on my ancestors. All the research I have been doing on my ancestors has really taken me through a harsh past. I do love history, but when most of it involves loss and destruction and pain it becomes a difficult pill to swallow. I've learned a lot about my paternal grandmother's side of the family, but very little about his father who was from Kraguyevac in Montenegro. I also need to include my mother's side of the family, sadly, I have not gotten much information from my relatives in the Philippines. 

My son is now a teenager at twelve and thinks he is forty. He has been struggling with online school, failing in all his classes and not learning a thing. We both cannot wait for things to get back to "normal" and for him to resume his life as it was before Covid. I signed him up for Taekwondo, hopefully that will last as he quit soccer after a couple of months and quit basketball. He wants to take up boxing but I really do not want him to injure his hands and end up with brain damage. I hate boxing.

I have since married my Partner of several years. Yes, we got married during a horrific pandemic with over 125 guests from all over the world on zoom, at least no one complained about the cost for a destination wedding. We have a video of the whole ceremony which included two of my musician friends singing and playing the piano for us. It was very last minute, but lovely and simple and outdoors. 

I have also learned that two of my photographs will be published in the June issue of Fatal Flaw literary magazine. Here are the black and white photographs, one taken in La Habana, Cuba - when I managed to get in through Mexico- and the other was in New York City just a few blocks away from my birth place.



I hope to continue with more posts about interesting things soon. So stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts