I'm back for REAL!

So I just got back from Mexico a few weeks ago, and have been fortunate enough to have a steady flow of work, this is truly a BLESSING, though I had been a little out of practice, I have to say I don't miss the stress of producing and the insane hours and lack of compassion for people who have kids.
So how do you handle when the mother of your godchildren returns your bday gift for your godchild? I mean I had finally gotten my hopes up that I had a received a package from my former BFF, when it turns out the package that my father had described so well, and undoubtedly a care package for my son, was in fact the returned b-day gift of my godchild Eliza, with nothing but innocent little Hello Kitty items such as pens, pencils and notebooks a few little candies, but definitely no trainer bra like I sent last year, nor any flavored condoms, I mean give me a break! Get over your issues and let your poor little 9 year daughter enjoy a small gift that cost me some money I could use on my son's diapers and MCD's french fries.
Well ladies, what I've learned from the last few weeks is that don't be the bigger person you just waste your moeny and expose yourself to being hurt. The father of my son now wants to take me to court, and has repeatedly been calling me drunk threatening to take me to court and get custody of my son, unless I drop the Child Support case that is doing nothing anyway, as it has been over two years now and I still haven't received one cent from him. Again, another example of who ridiculous parents can be and how incredibly selfish, why spend $5,000 on retaining a Family Attorney when you could just payoff the $2,000 you owe in child support which is $200 a month- toilet paper money- nonetheless a sum that I could use on another day of daycare.
The good news is that my son is going to be turning TWO this Wednesday, and while I have been really busy with work, I feel that this year I will get it right and not spend a bunch of money of stupid people who don't show-up and all the Angelino flaks. I have decided to do something small and have it outdoors since my son can now say "outside" and he says it so cute! I mean it's as if he were speaking Swedish. So he will get a chance to hopefully play with strangers kids in case the parents who are supposedly friends decide not to come and thus Charles has no one to play with. My dear loyal friend Laura, Charles now adopted GODMOTHER, has offered to bring a cake and some booze for the BIG babies- us tired single dreary-eyed parents, and will be making five goodie bags.  Also Laura's Mom, Carol and her husband Julian were the first ones to send Charles a bday gift as usual it wasn't my immediate family, though my father did get him a cute bday card the day we got back from Mexico. And guess what Carol & Julian gave baby Charles a Diego, Diego T-shirt!!! With lots of animals on it, just what Charles loves, animals. So I have to tell you about this poor little "mini rabbit" that I bought Charles a few days before we took off to Mexico. I have this guilt gift thing I do before I have to go on a business trip where I buy him something to make up for me not being with him 24/7. Anyway, I went downtown to pick-up my clients' Cartier perfume since she wanted 3 bottles and even suggested I go to downtown LA and by the really good knock-offs, anyway, just as I'm parking my car I see a little 7 year old boy selling tiny rabbits in these cute little white cages, he was sooo young though and yet the perfect self-assured business man. I asked him at first what it was, as I thought it was a rabbit but they were so petite that I confused it with a little jamster of guinea pig, since Charles loves to play with Laura's friends' at her house. Anyway, I got him the cutest one, she was white and had a bunch of light brown spots on her back, we named her Caramel., Charles LOVED HER, he went wild when he saw her and wouldn't let me keep her in her cage, he was so full of JOY and LOVE for her, he was just exploding with affection. Anyway, I of course told my Dad and when he saw her, he said, I give her 24hrs, and I just kept ignoring his negative Aries I know it all and I'm so right attitude, and in the same breathe he said he would not take care of both Estrella and the rabbit while I was gone in Mexico, as if there were a big difference....
Long story short, I went to the bathroom the following morning and left her out of her cage because Charles was really having a shit fit every time I put her away, and I hesitated because I had been supervising him while he played with her on the floor as he would squeeze her like a toy or matchbox car and would push her along the floor as if she were a toy car, so I had to stop him every second. But this time I couldn't hold my pee, and with my kidney that has a malfunction I had to go, and as I came out of the bathroom I heard Charles start to cry and the squeals of joy and changes into tears, I ran into the dining room almost not wanting to see what happened and fearing something had happened, but nothing like what I saw- blood splattered all over the floor and on his hands and knees and clothes, I couldn't believe it I was in shock and wanted to cry, scream and hide. The look on the poor rabbits eyes yelled: " See, see what you've done, YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!" I didn't know what to clean-up first, so I took Charles away and left the dead rabbit on the floor and washed him up and then put a movie on while I cleaned-up the rest and all along I said my father was right, he was right. I put her in a Target bag  that I filled with newspaper and other wrapping I was so afraid someone would find out I had accidentally killed a rabbit or worse my barely two year-old had.  I did think about getting him s turtle, but I know how messy they are... but this was more than I had expected. I felt horrible for the rest of the day and poor Charles didn't understand what he had done and that the rabbit was gone.

Comments

Popular Posts