Chapter 5: YOU ARE NOT ALONE- Not Always....


Chapter Five:
YOU, YOURSELF AND ONLY YOU, AMEN!!  PERIOD YA END OF STORY.
No matter how many friends you got no matter how many family members, YOU ARE ALL ALONE when the ugly gets real UGLY, YOU ARE ALL ALONE. REMEMBER YOU ARE A SINGLE MOM, what does ONE mean? You are ALONE,  it’s just you, yourself and only YOU!!! So brace yourself and just DO IT!! NIKE STYLE FOR REAL!!  JUST DO IT!!! KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!! Like you are running a marathon and you’ve somehow lost all your Team members, which happens often not just in Marathons, TRUST ME, I know, and you need some extra push to get to the final line to make that has 0.2 miles, YUP all you athletes and marathoners out there no what I’m talking about that 26 miles is not the killer, it’s that 0.2 when you’ve already taken a painkiller and you have ran out of water again for the five millionth time and just the thought of food makes you want to throw-up, you just want to be done with the agony that you deep-down like cause if not you would not be running a marathon, All my marathoners friends are CRAZY, and I say that with love, cause it’s true, you have to be a little crazy just like when you direct a movie, you have to be a little crazy.
SO MY ADVICE: get with a group of single MOMS or if you don’t like your local one then CREATE one there are a few websites out including: www.singlemoms.com that are pretty good resources and at the very least provide a forum where you can vent, cry, scream and have someone listen via email. This is an alternative to therapy as well for those of us that can no longer afford that wonderful invention.
Also if you are not religious it also sometimes helps to join a Church and the support will come almost naturally, but you have to go out and seek it. Throughout this past year I personally have changed religions because the faith I was brought up in all my life did not provide me with what I needed and especially at this time in my life had abandoned me more than I was ever told I choose to abandon God in the past by priests who thought they knew me. So I’m grateful to my new religion and my Pastor for she has truly helped me in as much as she can and she also happens to be about my age which is a great advantage, plus she and her husband ADORE my son and so does the ENTIRE CONGREGATION, they ALL LOVE my SON and there are many children around who SHOW HIM LOVE every Sunday at WORSHIP and for that I will be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. For they have provided the family for my son, that I have not been able to give him.  Find something, whatever that might be that works for you and makes you feel part of a community so that loneliness is just washed-away with JOY!
Sometimes I just get on my bike with my son in the ibert( www.ibertinc.com) and we go for a ride in manhattan Beach or up the hill behind where we live and that helps clear your mind and also you get a work-out, just make sure you bundle-up baby as he/she will not be moving, and will get cold fast even if it's sunny out, and PLEASE always make them wear a HELMET, no matter how small you can get them at Target

Comments

Popular Posts