Chapter 8: Your Savior: THE INTERNET


Chapter Eight:  Your Savior: The Internet

THE INTERNET IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. YUP! anything you need to get a quick answer for, whether it be your Pediatrician who doesn’t return your call immediately, or your baby’s first temper tantrum, or how much milk he should be drinking or when should he or she be weaned off the bottle. Or how much temperature is fever. What playgrounds in your area ore suitable and practical and mentally healthy for you as a single fulltime working Mom. How to have some fun at the end of a LONG exhausting day and when you just want to surf on a dating website, I do not recommend the SINGLE PARENTS website, no, no WEIRDOSSSS looking to fuck traumatized but good poor recently divorced hot women. I could never get straight how much temperature was considered fever, so I was constantly going online to double check and make sure I was not totally out of my mind, though common sense is always better.
There are a number of insightful websites and forums where you can ask other Moms what works for their babies, and more than often you will find answers that coincide. Just google whatever your question is and you will find a number of answers- follow your instinct when it comes to listening or putting into practice what you learn.
www.cafemom.com
www.askbaby.com
www.serpadres.es/bebe ( this is my favorite, of course it's in Spanish!)

This last one was extremely helpful in keeping me from freaking-out about my son not meeting the average stats dictated by American Pediatricians, so I decided one day to check-out what the stats are for European babies and boy was I relieved. For example they had a video on how to massage your sons feet and legs, my son had a left foot abnormality when he was born and now his right leg is a few millimeters longer than the left. Watching this video helped me perform the massages that one good Physical Therapist had recommended when we left UCLA Intensive Care Unit. Naturally, all the orthopedic doctors refused him therapy, so I had to take matters into my own hands. These massages do work and I taught the mother of my godchildren how to do it and now my godchild Eliza has perfectly straight legs whereas before she was bow-legged. My Mom was the one who originally told me about how she massaged our legs, and he did the same for my son when she was visiting, but you have to do it on a daily basis.
BOTTOMLINE:
Whatever your mother or mother friends tell you, it more than often does NOT work for you because you do not have a second pair of hands so the best way is to find your own answers and study as best you can everything that is out there and then just CREATE a solution that works for you, Make up a NEW FORMULA that WORKS FOR YOUR SPECIAL needs. Most of your friends will probably not be single working moms, so they will not be able to relate to you, and the more they think they are trying to HELP YOU, they are actually infuriating you and you just end up walking away from the conversation wanting to KILL them and CURSING them out. They’ll say things like: “you are just HURT, you need to HEAL, or why are you so MAD AT ME? Or why are you so ANGRY ALL THE TIME?”
Feel free to tell them one day to FUCK-OFF it won’t improve your already depleted disintegrating relationship, let’s be honest, NON EXISTENT, but it will at least make you feel a little bit better about them not understanding what you are going through.

Comments

Popular Posts